Wednesday 14 July 2010

Interview with artist Miranda Adria








Dotted with Hearts were lucky enough to interview the very talented artist - Miranda Adria






Q. So tell us who you are and a little about your business:

A. My artist alias is Miranda Adria, and it’s a name I’ve been using for nearly 9 years. I work as both a professional photographer and graphic designer for Statements2000, an abstract metal art studio, and I freelance as a digital artist.

Q. Where in the world are you based?

I’m located in a little town called Jupiter, FL. It’s literally a 25 minute drive from one end of the town to the other. Haha.


Q. What made you want to start digital artistry?
When I was born, my brothers were already 16 and 18 and very much children of the 80s’ era. They loved playing video games, especially on the Atari. By the time I was 5 or 6, I was playing on the Atari with them. That started up my love for video games and computer animation. As I grew older, I gravitated more towards 2D digital art rather than 3D digital art.



Q. What do you enjoy doing most? and why?

Most definitely, photomanipulation; it’s been my passion since I was 15 or 16. What truly fascinates me about photomanipulation is the idea that you can combine 2, 10, or 100 photos and either create a world of fantasy or create a scene of hyper-reality. I personally enjoy making works that fool the viewer into believing it could actually be a real photograph. I’ve often been told that my photomanips look like scenes out of a movie, which, to me, is an incredible compliment.

Q. What or who is you inspiration?

Music is one of my biggest inspirations. Nearly all of my works are inspired by songs and lyrics, and I often quote the lyrics that have inspired a song in the descriptions of my works. Life is also a very big inspiration, but at the same time, life and music are very closely intertwined for me. Certain songs, albums, and/or lyrics are bookmarks in my life, and the imagery they produce in my head is normally what I try to reproduce in my head.

Q. Do you have any future plans or new projects in line for your site?

I’m hoping to build my own one-woman graphics company. I’m slowly building up a reputation, and making sure to showcase my art whenever possible. One never knows when a great opportunity will come along, so I want to be sure that I have tried every avenue to bring it closer to me. I don’t really have many plans for my website, but I do intend to add more collaborative works in the future.

You can find Miranda's art work at the following sites:

www.mirandaadria.com

www.bitchinblack.deviantart.com

www.facebook.com/mirandaadria

www.twitter.com/mirandaadria

www.myspace.com/mistressadria


All images used copyrighter to Miranda Adria. Top left 'Bad Romance', Middle right 'Papillio Infernale', bottom center 'Juke Joint Jezebel'.

No comments:

Post a Comment