Thursday 9 September 2010

Interview - Toxic Cherry




Interview with Toxic Cherry


Q. Tell us a little about yourself and Toxic Cherry Jewellery

I have been designing jewellery since 2009 but never really took it all that seriously. I'm a naturally creative person and a few months back when a friend mentioned she'd love to start a jewellery business, I had that little light bulb moment. I already had all the designs so all I had to do was get down to the practical side. I give credit to my mom for suggesting materials and such lol. Toxic Cherry launched officially as a business at the end of August this year and I appreciate all the support so much.

Q. Where in the world are you based?

Based in Birmingham in the UK but have customers all across the UK and hopefully will expand internationally.

Q. What made you get into crafting?

As I said earlier, I'd always love designing pieces and it was my friend that spurred me on to turning them into solid creations :)


Q. What are your favourite items to make?

I love making all of them. Honestly lol. I would never make an item that I wouldn't love to wear myself so I put a lot of effort into design and making them.

Q. What are your most popular items?

It seems quite equal across the board at the moment. Customers compliment the 'razzle dazzle' pieces the most but I've had a lot of interest in the clay hearts and leopard print bows.

Q. Do you wear your jewellery & accessories yourself?

Yes all the time. :) Like I said, I would never make anything I didn't love myself or didn't deem 'fit' to wear. Plus, it's a great marketing technique, especially on nights out and people ask where you get your jewellery from :)

Q. Who or what is your inspiration?

The general feel of the 'rock' scene in the UK and 'old skool' tattoo designs. I'd say my main demographic is the 'alternative' subculture so I take a lot of inspiration from designs associated with them.

Q. Where would you like to see yourself in five years time?

Still running Toxic Cherry hopefully. And fingers crossed by then it will have taken off internationally. It is my great passion at the moment. And I'd love it to be a big part of my future.

You can find Toxic Cherry at...
www.facebook.com/toxiccherryjewellery
Sadly Toxic Cherry received some abuse and criticism at the start of her launch, she says ' I would like to point out to your readers and repeat what I have said from the start, I have at no point intentionally 'copied' anyone or any design. My jewellery stems from my ideas and my mothers suggestions. Any likeness to another jeweller is coincidental'.

No comments:

Post a Comment