Tuesday 14 September 2010

Interview - Creaciones Alraune




Interview with Creaciones Alraune


Q. Tell us a little and yourself and Creaciones Alraune

I come from Spain. I was born in Cádiz, and since I was a child, I felt attracted by crafting, it was one of my favourite sunjects at school. Through the years, it has became my way of living...

Q. Where in the world are you based?
I live in Galicia since 1992, it,s placed on the northeast of Spain. There are strong Celtic roots in this country, and it is reflected on the arts in general.

Q. What made you start dress making and crafting?

Since I was a child, when someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I used to say "fashion designer", I wanted to create beautiful clothes and accessories, so I was always making clothes for my dolls, and painting dresses. I think I had it really clear.

Q. What are your favourite items to create?

I enjoy a lot when making corsets and mini hats, I love to see their creation, what they become when they're finished.

Q. What are your most popular items?

I could say corsets, girls love it, even though they're not the cheapest products amongst my creations..... I guess that it is because they can be made at the wish of the costumer, and choose fabrics, colours, embroideries, embellishments....

Q. Where can people buy your creations? Do you do custom orders?
My creations are not found on stores, sorry! Anyone interested can contact me and order anything. And yes, I do custom orders. On the fact, the immense majority of the things I do are requested by my costumers. They ask me something, and generally, they accept suggestions, I guess I'm lucky about it...

Q. Who or what is your inspiration?

It may sound as a topic, but inspiration is everywhere, and it comes when it's less expected! It may be a film, a book, a vintage image, generally I love to take a look at some of my books about history of fashion, and look for details. So, the results can be both Gothic, Steam punk, Victorian, Retro or vintage.... but never the things you,ll find on an ordinary store.



Q. Where would you like to see yourself in five years time?

On a backstage, looking at models dressed with my creations on the catwalk. Or creating clothes for a historical film, or doing historical reproductions for a Fashion museum.... who knows!! Anyway, I can't imagine my life and my future without a nail in my hand....

Links to Creaciones Alraune

http://www.creaciones-alraune.es/blog

I'm on facebook too. Just search for "Creaciones Alraune".

No comments:

Post a Comment