Monday 2 August 2010

Interview - Extacy Photographic




Dotted With Hearts were lucky enough to get an interview with the very talented photographer Tara of Extacy Photographic

Tell us a bit about yourself and Extacy Photographic?
Well, I’m Tara. I’m 19 years old, a goth in denial and I’m a bit of a geek who’s besotted with Japan and anything shiny ;D I started Extacy Photographic in late 2007- I originally started it as a hobby but it has pursued into a business and I love it!
Where in the world are you based?

I’m currently based in Bedfordshire in the UK. I’m a keen traveller so I often end up in far off countries!



What got you interested in the world of photography?

Studying Art and Design throughout school and college got me really exploring all aspects of art and materials, but apart from drawing, there was nothing that I really loved to do apart from photography. I used my mums simple point and shoot camera, starting with scenery and after getting a starter SLR camera (a Nikon D40) for Christmas in 2007 I started taking pictures of my friends and then professional models. I have now progressed to a Nikon D300s with various lenses and I haven’t looked back!



Do you prefer studio or location?

I love both, but at the moment I really enjoy studio work. My personal project this year is happening at Switch Photography Studios down in Sussex. My last personal project was on location so it’ll be good to see how they compare to one another!



What do you look for in a model?

I enjoy working with models who love what they do and will give 100% at a shoot, but also someone who isn’t afraid to have fun! Look wise, I’m quite picky when it comes to models, preferably I like them to have a quirky look, clear skin and a lean body (please note that I didn’t say skinny, I LOVE curves!) If I have a personal project though, I have a clear idea of what I’d like the model to look like, or who I want the model to be.



Do you have any favourite models or themes you like to shoot?

My all time favourite model is Lily Cole. I’d love to be able to have the opportunity to photograph her in the future! My more alternative side though adores Mosh. I was meant to work with her in September, 2008, but unfortunately she couldn't get a visa for the UK. My favourite models to work with are Ulorin Vex, Sohui, Ruby True and Paradisaea Decora- I always have a brilliant shoot when I work with them, always fun and the pictures are always amazing. Theme wise, I don’t really have a favourite, though at the moment I’m obsessed with anything editorial. I have some amazing shoots booked in August, one being ‘The Albino Queen’ for a book- Watch this space!



Who or what is your inspiration?

I can’t say just one person or thing inspires me- My inspiration is drawn from all over the place! A big influence comes from my friends though, I have an amazing bunch of talented friends who are models and designers, seeing their work and the drive behind what they do is amazing. If you love something enough, you’ll work hard enough to make it become what you’ve always dreamed of.


Where would you like to see yourself in five years?

I’d love to see myself living away from home in a nice apartment or house with someone I love and where I have enough room for my own fully equipped studio. Of course I’d love to be able to make my main source of income from this business too! But, even if that doesn’t happen, wherever I end up I will always be taking pictures!


Links:
Official Website: http://www.extacy-photographic.co.uk/
deviantArt: http://extac33.deviantart.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Extac33
Model Mayhem: http://www.modelmayhem.com/825236

No comments:

Post a Comment