Thursday 5 August 2010

Interview- C-Unique



Dotted with Hearts gave an interview to C-unique!



Q. Tell us a bit about yourself and C-Unique

A. Well I've always loved making things and watching my mum sew as a child. Then when I was 15 and going through a slightly Gothic phase, I decide I wanted a long black skirt for school to wear with my Docs, but I couldn't find one in any shops. So, I went to the local fabric shop, bought some fabric and went home and made one. After that I was hooked, I made weird and random things for my friends so that we looked different to everyone else. After what seemed like years of making clothing for myself and close friends, interest started to grow and I started to make clothes on a more professional level. As time has gone by, I am now very busy with a large range of ladies clothing and accessories, including hand bags and jewellery.

Q. Where in the world are you based?

A. I am based in Worcester, England.

Q. What made you get into crafting/ clothes making?

A. I've grown up making anything and everything! It's so satisfying to see the end result of something you've worked hard on. I remember being about 8 years old and selling friendship bracelets I had made, in the playground.

Q. What are your favourite pieces to make? What materials do you most like to use?

A. I'd say hand bags are my favourite things to make, although I always want to keep them all! I like to work with cotton the most, it's easy to use and gives a good structured end result to my clothing.

Q. What are your most popular items?

A. My most popular items are the 'Marilyn' and the 'Gypsy' tops. The 'Gypsy' top suits any shape or size and comes in many different colours and fabrics!

Q. Do you wear the jewelery/ clothing yourself?

A. Absolutely! Being tall and slim, I find it hard to get alternative clothes to fit. I started out making stuff just for myself, It never occurred to me that the items I had made to satisfy my tastes would prove so popular with friends and people I have never met! It always makes me feel good inside when a stranger compliments me on something I'm wearing that I've made.

Q. Who or what is your inspiration?

A. My inspiration can come from really random everyday things, but I'd probably say that music is my biggest inspiration. Different genres produce different outcomes for my designs. The 1950's and tattoo culture plays a huge part in my most recent ranges, I love combining the two and getting a 50's look with an edge.

Q. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?

A. I'd like my creations to be available in more shops, not just in the UK, but worldwide. It's a slow process, but I'm sure I'll get there.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/c-unique

www.facebook.com/c.uniqueclothing

www.c-unique.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment