Tuesday 24 August 2010

Interview - Ghoulish Gary

Dotted With Hearts were lucky enough to get an interview with the very talented graphic designer - Gary Pullin!

Q. Tell us a little about yourself?

Well, I'm a monster-loving graphic designer and illustrator. I'm the art director at Rue Morgue Magazine and I've devoted my life to the genre I love most... horror!


Q. Where in the world are you based?

Toronto, Onterrible Canada.


Q. What made you get into graphic design?

I've always had an interest in art. It was a hobby for many years until I went to art school, then I took a three year graphic design course, graduated and found work in the big city.


Q. Your main focus is horror, has it always been a love of yours?

Very much so! As far back as I can remember.


Q. What have been your favourite pieces to design?

The Pray for the Monster's series was a lot fun to do. It's sort of where I'm at spiritually. Monsters are my religion!


Q. Who or what is your inspiration?

There are lots of artist that inspire me, but Basil Gogos, Charles Burns, Robert Crumb... the list goes on and on. Music is also a big inspiration. If I wasn't doing art, I would probably be doing music in some form or another.


Q. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?

Doing what I do now, drawing monsters!





You can find Gary's artwork at the follow sites...

My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/GhoulishGary
My website: http://www.ghoulishgary.com/





Artwork © Gary Pullin. Posted with Permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment