Monday 9 August 2010

Interview - Black Sunshine







Dotted with Hearts got to interview Amz of Black Sunshine






Q. So tell us a little about yourself and Black Sunshine

I'm Amz, I started Black Sunshine in 2004 as a goth/alt clothing retailer with a shop in Newport on the Isle of Wight. Sadly I'm closing the shop down at the end of October but will still be running online. And I plan to add more to my etsy store, concentrating more on the handmade side of Black Sunshine.


Q. Where in the world are you based?

Isle of Wight, UK


Q. What made you get into the alternative scene?

Ive been into the alternative scene for as long as I remember! I listened to Alice Cooper growing up and its always stuck with me. It was never a phase with me. The Dr Marten boots at school didn't go down to well though :p


Q. How did you get into crafting?

Ive always loved drawing and making little hair clips and things for myself, so it all came from there really. I love creating new and interesting things!
About 5 years ago I started making dreads and I love it!


Q. What are your most popular items?

Dreads most definitely! I love making custom orders for people :)



Q. Who or what is your inspiration?

Music and films! The weirder the better usually. Films from horror to anime influence me in what I create and what I order in to sell in my shop.



Q. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?

I would love to have a bigger range of clothing available on the Black Sunshine website! And also have a bigger range of handmade items on my etsy!


You can find Black Sunshine on the following sites

No comments:

Post a Comment